Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter The Conservative Book Club Podcast

Member of the Week: Gregory Dallas (CBC Fall Intern)

Our CBC Member of the Week, and new Fall 2015 Intern, is Greg Dallas, a recent graduate of Virginia Tech and an up-and-coming young conservative. He’ll tell us what books and thinkers moved him towards the Right — and how he combated liberalism in his college classes. 

Congratulations Greg on being our Conservative Book Club “Member of the Week!” Tell us a little about yourself and the work you’ll be doing as our CBC Fall 2015 Intern?  

Thank you! I’m a recent graduate of Virginia Tech.  I’ll be helping out with a broad range of things as intern.  This includes writing and editing articles and book reviews, social media, and administrative work as well.

What got you interested in politics and the conservative movement?

I was always interested in current events growing up, and I’ve considered myself conservative for as long as I can remember.  In high school I started noticing liberal bias in the media, and this is when I decided that it was something I wanted to change.

What books, authors, or conservative-themed books, influenced your political philosophy and outlook on life? 

My grandfather gave me a copy of The O’Reilly Factor for Kids, by Bill O’Reilly, on my 12th or 13th birthday.  It was one of the first conservative-themed books I read.  Also Milton Friedman was an important influence, and On Liberty by John Stewart Mills.  Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10, was also an important read, written by .

As a recently graduated college student, do you feel conservative students on campuses are treated unfairly because of their political views?  

I majored in political science with a concentration in national security.  Most of the professors on courses relating to national security were conservative.  My professors on politics and international relations were very liberal, and did not take kindly to conservative thought.  I think there is a major issue regarding intellectual diversity and higher education in America.  It’s important to have many opinions offered in our classrooms as it helps better understand each side.

Tell us a little more about yourself!  

1. Favorite Movie: The Departed or anything with Will Ferrell
    2. Favorite TV Show: Baseball, football, and basketball.  Detroit or Virginia Tech teams.
    3. Favorite Food:  Chicken
    4. Favorite Drink:  Water or Whiskey
    5. Favorite Band: I like a lot of different kinds of music, so it changes a lot.
    6. Favorite US elected official: Personality wise – George W. Bush.  He seems really down to earth and fun.
    7. If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be? Genghis Khan
    8. What do you do for fun? I’ll play any sport whether it’s baseball, football, hockey, kickball, etc.  I also enjoy reading and writing.  Check out my first story here at CBC about Scott Walker dropping out of the 2016 presidential election!

Tags: ,

Oh no.

Something went wrong, and we're unable to process your request.

Please try again later.

Search