Welcome, Guest | | Sign Up | Start My Bookshelf

What are You Currently Reading?

Share what you're currently reading so we can recommend books you'll love

I'm not reading anything
Your Home for Great Conservative Books

Is Betsy DeVos A Good Choice For Education?

by Bradley Matthews

Is Betsy DeVos the right choice to be Trump’s Secretary of Education? Let your voice be heard in our CBC reader poll!

Tell us your thoughts in the comments — sign up to be a CBC Insider HERE.

Is Betsy DeVos the right choice for Secretary of Education?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Comments

1. Fran Tatsch

Cleanse Americas education system of Social Justice Warriors and other outspoken progressives who oppress free speech and to teach American Values, American History, Law, Culture and One Nation Under God Indivisible With Liberty and Justice For All Americans!

February 9, 2017,3:39 am

2. Ksrabeth Hammonds

I hope she gets prayer back in our schools.. God knows we need him back in there.. God is our only hope and our children’s hope.

February 9, 2017,1:53 am

3. Marie Falkenstein

Great!. Let’s get back to the Basics. Give Her a Chance. Our Children need All the Help that they can get.

February 9, 2017,12:01 am

4. Frank Corby

Our educational system is a real quagmire and needs the talents of Betsy DeVos to turn it around. She has the skills and talent to make things happen and she will be successful.

February 9, 2017,12:00 am

5. Dana Sumner

Why not? Look what the professionals have done to the educational system.

February 8, 2017,8:15 pm

6. thomas w zera

I hope they start teaching kids the history of western civilization and American history again.

February 8, 2017,7:52 pm

7. Anna

Let’s give her a chance. She knows she has to put balance back into the educational system. Pres. Trump will expect that from her. I think she is motivated.

February 8, 2017,7:05 pm

8. David

Because the liberals hate her, I love her! She will straighten out the mess in our education system!

February 8, 2017,6:35 pm

9. Michele Pfrogner

I am a retired teacher (35 years) and a supporter of President Trump. However, from what I have read and heard, his pick for this post does not have the knowledge or experience in education. Certainly, parents should have more choice regarding their children’s education, but there is more to being “Secretary of Education” than school choice decisions. Of course, there is nothing anyone can do now except wish her success.

February 8, 2017,6:27 pm

10. Ed Leon

Yes, if she does only two things from the ones Trump wants she will be great, and that is trash Common Core, and return Education decisions to the states and keep the Federal Education Department the hell away from our education.

February 8, 2017,6:04 pm

11. mary ann

YES, SHELL BE GREAT. PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS PICK SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE. THE COMMIES NEED TO GET OUT OF THE WAY.

February 8, 2017,6:01 pm

12. Michael Hendricks

Yes she is just what the doctor ordered for our education programs in America

February 8, 2017,5:58 pm

13. Stephanie

I agree with her on the condition of the educational system. A parent shoud have the right to send the children to the best schools possible and not just dumped into a cesspool. When I was in school, we were rated number 1 in the world for our education prowess. Now our children are subjective to people who can’t teach, abuse the children, lie to them about our history, force them to participate in muslim activities. I don’t mean to infer that all teachers do this, but in most cases they are in a position where they cannot do anything about it. The religious schools are exempt from this activity taking place. It is sad to say and know that the old idiom is true: “Those who can, do; those who can’t, teach.”

February 8, 2017,5:02 pm

14. Dan Call

And the reason that the elites are opposed to her is that with school choice, they will have some intercity students in their “private schools” interacting with their spoiled brat children, and THAT is totally unacceptable.

February 8, 2017,4:57 pm

15. Dan Call

I think that she will do a great job. And, if for some reason she doesn’t perform as expected, the democrats won’t have to worry about getting her out, Trump will take care of that himself. The same with all his other cabinet picks, they will perform or they will be replaced.

February 8, 2017,4:55 pm

16. Brent Williamson

I love Betsy Devos. We need to make changes. Education is not working in low income areas.

Brent Williamson
    Retired New Trier High School Teacher
    West Lafayette High School Student
    Former State and National Olympiad chairman
    Purdue IU graduate

February 8, 2017,4:45 pm

17. JaspersPet

Time for a major shakeup in education! We have a failed, way past failing, education system in the United States at all levels!!

February 8, 2017,4:40 pm

18. Bill Lynch

agree with her views on school choice and vouchers, but her performance in her confirmation hearing suggests to me she is not the right choice

February 8, 2017,4:37 pm

19. JODH

NOT FAMILIAR FOR NEEDY CHILDREN’S weaknesses

February 8, 2017,4:37 pm

More Articles About

X
CBC Daily

Want to know the five books Newt Gingrich thinks every conservative should read?

Become a CBC member and find out!

Sign Up