Episode #5 – Interview with the Legendary Thomas Sowell: His New Book, His Legacy, and What He Thinks of Trump and the Future of America
The legendary conservative economist Dr. Thomas Sowell sits down with us for an exclusive podcast author interview about his new book, Discrimination and Disparities, published by our friends at Basic Books. You won’t believe what he really thinks of Trump, and whether or not he’s optimistic about the future of America!
- 3:17 Discrimination isn’t the only reason why different people have different economic status.
- 4:50 Discover what Dr. Sowell thinks about those who suffer from discrimination or a from tough situation growing up.
- 6:28 Find out why Dr. Sowell was inspired by books on geography!
- 8:50 Dr. Sowell tells us what he thinks of President Donald Trump.
- 13:10 Is Dr. Sowell optimistic about the future of America? The answer may surprise you.
OUR GUEST AUTHOR – Dr. Thomas Sowell
- Dr. Sowell is an American economist, social theorist and political philosopher; a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University; the author of over 30 books; and the recipient of the National Humanities Medal, presented by the President of the United States in 2003.
BOOK OVERVIEW – Discrimination and Disparities
- Dr. Sowell’s new book, Discrimination and Disparities, is an empirical examination of how economic and other disparities arise. Dr. Sowell challenges the idea that different economic outcomes can be explained by any one factor, be it discrimination, exploitation, or genetics. It’s readable enough for anyone with no prior knowledge of economics, but challenges traditional beliefs across the ideological spectrum.
- Read more about Dr. Sowell HERE!
- Don’t forget to grab your own copy of Discrimination and Disparities!
- Which Supreme Court Justice said “the Constitution is not a suicide pact”? Find out HERE!
- Check out the song that makes Dr. Sowell think of President Trump!
- See what President Trump looked like in his 30s in this video clip.
Gerald O’Driscoll, a senior fellow at the Cato Institute, says:
“In this provocative book, Thomas Sowell turns the table on those who automatically link disparate outcomes to discrimination. He begins by focusing instead on the myriad of factors that need to come together for success. Before we can explain why people fall behind in life, we must first understand what life demands for success…The book is a wonderful introduction to the thought of one of our most important social thinkers.”
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE…
…check these out!
Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast below.
Tags: Basic Books, Conservative, Discrimination and Disparities, Economist, Thomas Sowell