Episode #21 – Are There Any Movies for Conservatives This Summer? (Interview with CBC Film Reviewer Douglas Ernst)
It’s summer and Hollywood is in full swing with movies conservatives will love, or outright hate! To help guide the conservative moviegoer, we interviewed CBC movie reviewer Doug Ernst to learn about summer movies conservatives should see, and which ones to avoid. We also discuss the state of Hollywood, its deep-rooted liberalism, the new Dinesh D’Souza and Michael Moore documentaries, and if Hollywood will ever make movies again for conservatives. Find out in our exclusive podcast author interview!
- 3:52 Like it or hate it? Doug’s not sure about Sicario 2.
- 5:07 Check out something more family friendly and wholesome: the Christopher Robin movie coming up in August!
- 6:38 Doug gives us his thoughts on Dinesh D’Souza’s next movie, Death of a Nation, which hits the big screens August 3rd!
- 10:31 Keep your eyes peeled for confirmation bias in September, when Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 11/9 is released.
- 11:54 We’ve got another Robin movie for you, but it’s not Christopher. Doug and Chris discuss the upcoming Robin Hood movie.
- 13:56 Are we stuck in the anti-Trump era, where all summer movies have political messages? Doug says Incredibles 2 is a sign of hope in an uphill battle against a liberal Hollywood.
- 16:55 Love Avengers, Black Panther, and Ant Man? Doug tells us the about biggest threat to superhero movies.
- 20:10 The solution to overly political, liberal movies isn’t conservative movies – it’s simply good stories. For example? Star Wars!
OUR GUEST – Douglas Ernst, CBC Film Reviewer
Douglas Ernst is one of CBC’s leading film reviewers and is the former Program Coordinator for The Heritage Foundation’s Young Leaders Program. He now writes and edits at The Washington Times, but he really is a jack of all trades, focusing on everything from emerging military technology to media bias and left-wing Hollywood activists.
- Check out Doug’s thriving YouTube channel!
- After that, take a look at his personal blog, and his awesome videos on comic books, politics, and pop culture HERE!
- Love superhero movies? See what Doug said about Avengers: Infinity War!
- Doug says The Big Short proves Hollywood’s liberal bias! Read all about it HERE!
- Learn about the true story of Benghazi in 13 Hours, which Doug reviews HERE!
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE…
…check these out!
Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast below.
Tags: Dinesh D'Souza, Douglas Ernst, Michael Moore