Episode #22 – Fox News’ Harris Faulkner’s 9 Rules for Life and Success, and Being “Outnumbered”
In a delightful and inspiring interview, CBC sits down with author and Fox News Host, Harris Faulkner, to discuss her new book, 9 Rules of Engagement: A Military Brat’s Guide to Life and Success. She also tells about her time at Fox News anchoring Outnumbered Overtime with Harris Faulkner, in addition to co-hosting Outnumbered, and reveals her secrets of success!
- 3:18 At some point in their lives, millions of Americans ask: “What really works for the dreams I have of victory in my life?” Hear Harris Faulkner’s answer!
- 6:34 Did you know we become most like the five people we spend the most of our time with?
- 8:40 Faulkner cares deeply about our military. Hear her thoughts on the veteran healthcare crisis – and its effects on our national character.
- 10:25 Discover the strategy behind the rule: “Always Wear Camo.”
- 13:30 Hear about the invaluable military value of hard work and discipline – from CBC’s own military brat, Chris Malagisi!
- 15:30 You’ll never guess what Harris Faulkner’s favorite rule of engagement is!
OUR GUEST AUTHOR – Harris Faulkner
- Harris Faulkner is a multiple Emmy award-winning newscaster and trailblazer in her field. She joined Fox News Channel in 2005, where she anchors a daily daytime show “Outnumbered Overtime with Harris Faulkner” (weekdays at 1 p.m. ET) in addition to co-hosting “Outnumbered” (weekdays at 12 p.m. ET).
- Throughout her career, Faulkner has interviewed many notable figures and has covered numerous global news events, including the Sandy Hook shooting, the 2016 Republican and Democratic National Conventions, and the 9/11 attacks.
- Faulkner, who is also a motivational speaker, writer, and philanthropist, grew up as a “military brat,” and is involved with the Green Beret Foundation, which provides medical, transition, and family support for those who have served in the U.S. Army Special Forces. She is also involved with the Navy Seal Foundation, which provides immediate and ongoing support and assistance to the Naval Special Warfare community and its families.
- In 1998, Faulkner received the Amelia Earhart Pioneering Lifetime Achievement Award for her humanitarian efforts.
- Faulkner graduated from The University of California at Santa Barbara with a B.A. in Mass Communications. She resides in New Jersey with husband Tony Berlin and their two daughters.
BOOK OVERVIEW – 9 Rules of Engagement
- Harris Faulkner shares the lessons she learned growing up in a military family in 9 Rules of Engagement. Harris Faulkner pays homage to the military ideals that shaped her and showing how everyone can benefit from bringing the wisdom of military service into their lives.
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE…
… check these out!
Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast below.
Tags: 9 Rules of Engagement, Fox News, Harris Faulkner