Episode #23 – Sean Spicer Interview: Fmr. White House Press Secretary Reveals Behind-the-Scenes Stories of Early Trump Administration
Learn the background story of one of the most consequential figures in the early Trump
administration as former White House press secretary Sean Spicer
discusses his tumultuous time in the White House, palace intrigue, the secrets of Trump’s
communications strategy, “Fake News,” and what he really thinks of Melissa McCarthy and her SNL skits.
- 2:38 Spicer tells us about “life after Trump,” and what it’s like to be free!
- 5:23 Ever wondered what a day in the life of a White House press secretary is like? From his 5 am alarm through the evening wrap meeting, Spicer tells us what it’s like!
- 8:45 Spicer tells us what it’s like working with President Trump!
- 13:38 Trump’s White House can sometimes seem chaotic. Learn the secret strategies of how Trump thinks!
- 16:08 Spicer says the first time Melissa McCarthy parodied him on SNL was funny…learn what he thinks about his other SNL “appearances” and how they went downhill.
- 22:22 Learn what Spicer thinks of his legacy as press secretary, and why he’s proud of what he did to give a voice to conservative media.
- 25:58 What does the future hold for Sean Spicer?
- Sean Spicer served as White House Press Secretary during the first seven months of the Trump administration.
- Spicer has built a decades-long career in Republican politics, witnessing and shaping the inner workings of Washington, DC, from every vantage point—as a House of Representatives communicator, Assistant U.S. Trade Representative, Republican National Committee chief strategist, top adviser to presidential campaigns, and, of course, White House spokesman.
- The Briefing is the first insider account written by someone who worked on the Trump campaign, with the Trump transition team, and in the Trump White House—and has seen Donald Trump rallying voters, building an administration, and making crucial policy decisions. Spicer’s riveting and personal account makes The Briefing the must-read political book of the year.
- In this provocative and enlightening political memoir, Sean Spicer reveals the truth behind some of the biggest news stories of our time, offering a glimpse into what it’s like to stand at the press secretary’s podium—and how he got there.
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE…
…check these out!
Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast below.
Tags: Donald Trump, Melissa McCarthy, Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, The Briefing