Throughout the twentieth century, the Western Left supported one totalitarian killing machine after another. Prominent intellectuals venerated mass murderers such as Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro, and Ho Chi Minh, excusing their atrocities while blaming the West, and even the victims, for the crimes. After 9/11, history repeated itself. The only difference was that the Left’s favorite murderers were waving not the red flag of proletarian revolution, but the black flag of Islamic jihad. Now, in “United in Hate,” Jamie Glazov, editor of FrontPagemagazine.com, analyzes the Left’s contemporary romance with militant Islam as a continuation of the Left’s love affair with communist totalitarianism in the 20th Century.
In this provocative exposé, Glazov — whose childhood in Soviet Russia gives him a unique perspective on totalitarian ideologies — dissects the psychology of those who live in freedom yet yearn for its opposite. How can leftists in the West worship the very systems under which they themselves would perish? Why are Leftists, obsessed with women?s rights and gay rights, walking in lockstep with a religion that not just denounces such rights but executes those trying to practice them? What is the pernicious mindset that views the freest country in the world as worthless and ugly? Why do Leftists yearn to force historical blindness upon the world — to wipe out the memory of the hundreds of millions of people who have suffered under totalitarianism? The answers are here.
Some highlights and key themes of United in Hate:
- How the radical Left and radical Islam share a profound hatred for Western culture, for a capitalist economic structure that recognizes individual achievement, and for the Judeo-Christian heritage of the United States
- How the Left and Islam both seek to establish a new world order — leftists in the form of a classless communist society, and Islamists in the form of a caliphate ruled by Sharia law
- How, to achieve these goals, both are willing to ‘wipe the slate clean’ by means of limitless carnage, with the ultimate goal of erecting their utopia upon the ruins of the system they have destroyed
- The lust for death: a foundation of the Left’s romance with militant Islam, as it was with communism Former president Jimmy Carter’s pilgrimage to Cairo, in April 2008, to meet with — and embrace — the leaders of the terrorist organization Hamas
- How, in 2005, when U.S.-liberated Iraqi citizens twice defied terrorist threats to cast their votes in free elections, the Left greeted the news with calls for an immediate American withdrawal
- The columnist for a prominent left-wing publications who called on her comrades to join hands with the terrorist faction of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr
- The member of the British Parliament who calle for a global Muslim-leftist alliance against America and its allies
- How “peace mom” became a poster child of the American Left by calling terrorists “freedom fighters” and cheering for their victory
- How Western leftists reached out in solidarity to the terrorists of Hezbollah (“the Party of God”) after it launched hundreds of rockets into Israeli cities in 2006
- “The U.S. has brought this on itself”: How, in the wake of 9/11, leftists blamed America for provoking it — and even praised it as a kind of karmic justice
- How, after 9/11, leftists loud opposed the U.S. mission to oust the Taliban in Afghanistan — even though everything it represented, such as the brutal suppression of women, was supposed to be anathema to the Left
- How the Left succeeded in making America vulnerable to 9/11 by opposing all preventive measures — including some urged by Bill Clinton — leading up to it
“The modern Left’s core consists of the ideological descendants of the communist/progressive Left that wanted the West to lose the Cold War to the Soviet Union,” writes Glazov. “Upon the foundation of their hatred for the United States, its members have forged their alliance with radical Islam, whose wellspring of anti-American hatred runs just as deep.” A timely and provocative look at the beliefs motivating America-hating Leftists, United in Hate exposes the ugly instincts that inspire both radical Islam and the radical Left — and what brings them into solidarity.
Tags: Jamie Glazov, United in Hate