The war on terrorism came to the United States in earnest on September 11, 2001, but according to veteran Middle East analyst Michael Ledeen, it’s been going on worldwide for decades. He reveals how it began – and how it will end – in his enlightening new book, The War Against the Terror Masters: Why It Happened. Where We Are Now. How We’ll Win.
This painstakingly researched and grippingly readable book gives you the details about the nature of the international terrorist networks that want to destroy our nation. Ledeen names names and pulls no punches as he introduces you to the state sponsors of terrorism, explains Islam’s role in the continued thriving of terrorist organizations, and discloses breathtaking information about how U.S. officials at the highest levels of government dropped the ball for years in the struggle against international terror – and how some of our so-called allies give aid and comfort to terrorists. He also details what American intelligence operatives have done now in order to foil the terrorists at home and abroad.
Ledeen gives you little-known and hard-to-find facts about how the terror networks got started, and how they survived the demise of their first and greatest patron: the Soviet Union. He even fearlessly visits countries in the Middle East to show you the inner workings of terrorist networks there. Best of all, he offers a practical, realistic, and wise program for what the United States must do in order to win the war on terror.
Some of Michael Ledeen’s revelations about the worldwide terror masters and the ongoing war to defeat them:
- Why America let her guard down in the years leading up to the September 11 attacks
- How short-sighted laws hamstrung the FBI and CIA in their efforts to combat the machinations of terrorists at home and abroad
- The Khomeini/Syria connection: how the Ayatollah Khomeini helped prop up Syria’s corrupt Assad regime – and created one of the most dangerous international terrorist groups in the process
- The Saudis: are they really our allies? The straight facts about the Wahhabi connection to terrorism and more
- “As organized as the Mafia but not nearly as lovable”: the inside story of terror networks within the United States (including Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and others even more sinister)
- Bill Clinton: his inexplicable and repeated refusal to accept intelligence about Osama bin Laden – intelligence that other governments offered as a gift!
- Slick Willie’s blinders: five things that Clinton could and should have done after the 1993 World Trade Center bombing to stop terrorists in their tracks (and why he failed to do even one of them)
- Why several top American officials were warning of terrorist attacks on the scale of September 11 as early as 1996 – and why Clinton continued to do nothing
- Six nations that provided (and in some cases still provide) pivotal aid and support to today’s most formidable international terror networks
- Osama bin Laden: how he shrewdly capitalizes on ancient Islamic failures and resentments to gain support for his satanic aims
- How American policymakers’ misunderstandings about the nature of Islam played into the hands of international terrorists
- Two devastating blows that struck the CIA in the first year of the Clinton administration, crippling its efforts to fight terrorism
- Why American intelligence services have no undercover agents in Islamic terrorist groups – and why this failure is so monumental
- Mistakes that American leaders made at the end of the Cold War – and why they must not be repeated in the war on terror
- Saddam Hussein: why he is a more fearsome enemy than many Americans think (and why he’ll by no means be easy to topple)
- The disquieting facts about Iraq’s development of biological weapons – and what must be done now to combat this growing menace
- Saudi-funded “charities” in the United States: why the Bush administration started to shut them down
- Three different kinds of Middle Eastern state (and what the United States must do to deal with each)
- Why the leaders of the Muslim world should hail America as one of the greatest allies they ever had – and why they don’t do this
- The Iraq/al Qaeda connection: solid evidence that Mohammad Atta met with Iraqi intelligence – plus details of what happened after this fateful meeting
- Five rules of successful political and military leadership: the keys to winning the war on terrorism
Sobering and incisive, The War Against the Terror Masters tells you virtually everything you need to know about America’s fanatical new enemy – and offers you real hope for how that enemy can be beaten.
Tags: Michael Ledeen, The War Against the Terror Masters