Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter The Conservative Book Club Podcast

Member of the Week: Aryssa Damron, CBC

The Conservative Book Club has a new member of our team and Member of the Week — Aryssa Damron! Learn more about her in our interview below!

Congratulations Aryssa Damron on being our Conservative Book Club “Member of the Week!” Tell us a little about yourself and what you’re studying at Yale University?  

I’m a rising senior at Yale University where I study English, so to say I love books would be an understatement. On campus, I also lead the Yale Hunger and Homelessness Action Project which oversees projects like student-run soup kitchens and case management services and is in the process of developing a student-run youth homeless shelter. I also write for several political websites.

What got you interested in politics? 

I got interested in politics during the 2004 election, a mock version of which was held at my elementary school. I had a strange desire to be a very informed that has followed me throughout life. My passion for conservative politics kicked into overdrive in college when I was faced with the assumption of liberalism on my college campus and decided to fight back. 

CBC is also proud to have you as our intern for the summer!  What are you looking forward to most from the internship?

I am looking forward to reading some great books and being able to grow the social media footprint of the organization! I really enjoy seeing social interaction and growth in the conservative movement.

What books, authors, or conservative-themed books, influenced your political philosophy and outlook on life?  

My politics have been extremely influenced by William F Buckley Jr and God and Man at Yale, which helped me prepare for the liberal onslaught I would face during my undergraduate years. Early on in my exploration of conservatism, I read Kirk’s The Conservative Mind and several of Christina Hoff Sommer’s books. In more recent years, I’ve been inspired by conservative books like End of Discussion, Please Stop Helping Us, and Upside Down.

Tell us a little more about yourself! 

1. Favorite Movie: 10 Things I Hate About You
  2. Favorite TV Show: Fixer Upper
  3. Favorite Food: Sushi
  4. Favorite Drink: Vanilla latte
  5. Favorite Band: MercyMe
  6. Favorite US elected official: Elise Stefanik
  7. If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be?  Clare Boothe Luce, the first female ambassador to a major nation.
  8. What do you do for fun?  I like to read, write narrative fiction, and shop.

Tags: ,

Oh no.

Something went wrong, and we're unable to process your request.

Please try again later.

Search