Podcast Special: Interview with Sen. Mike Lee – Nominee for Supreme Court Justice
Sen. Mike Lee is on President Trump’s short list for potential Supreme Court justices! CBC interview Sen. Lee recent about his new book, Written Out of History: The Forgotten Founders Who Fought Big Government, which is a study of several Founding Fathers and Mothers that were “written out of history” who warned about big government excesses. We also discuss his thoughts on whether or not the GOP will really hold the Senate and the House in the 2018 elections.
- 3:19 Sen. Mike Lee tells us the real reason why Aaron Burr was written out of history and even portrayed as a villain in the hit musical “Hamilton.”
- 4:25 Learn how George Mason contributed to America’s founding!
- 5:30 Discover why Elbridge Gerry signed the Declaration of Independence and attended the Constitutional Convention – but refused to sign the finished Constitution.
- 6:50 What does Sen. Mike Lee want you to take away from his book, Written Out of History?
- 8:05 Sen. Mike Lee gives us his take on the 2018 elections and whether the Republicans have a chance to hold the House and the Senate this fall.
OUR GUEST AUTHOR – Senator Mike Lee (R-UT)
- Sen. Lee represents the state of Utah in the United States Senate and is a tireless advocate for our founding constitutional principles. He’s a former Supreme Court clerk, he serves on the Senate Judiciary, the Armed Services Committee, and Joint Economic Committee, and he was recently named Chairman of the Senate Steering Committee – the Senate conservative caucus. He’s also the author of Our Lost Constitution: the Willful Subversion of America’s Founding Document.
BOOK OVERVIEW – Written Out of History: The Forgotten Founders Who Fought Big Government
- In Written Out of History, Sen. Lee tells the story of liberty’s forgotten heroes who first fought – and warned against – what Washington, DC would become – a vast and abusive federal government. The book has received huge praise from everyone including Sen. Rand Paul, Stephen Hayes from The Weekly Standard, and George Will, who says that:“Senator Mike Lee continues to demonstrate that the struggle for limited government and against historical amnesia are inseparable.”
- Read more about Sen. Mike Lee HERE!
- Grab your copy of Written Out of History HERE!
- Check out The Road to Serfdom, the book that inspired Sen. Mike Lee!
(Interview originally recorded 5/30/2018)
Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast below.
Tags: "Hamilton", Aaron Burr, Alexander Hamilton, Constitution, Eldrige Gerry, George Mason, Mike Lee, Supreme Court, Written Out Of History