Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter The Conservative Book Club Podcast

Podcast Episode #11: Amy Chua Interview: The Origin of Identity Politics, Political Tribalism, and the Need for American Assimilation to Save America

How do we save America from identity politics and political tribalism? Find out by listening to our exclusive podcast interview with author Amy Chua, author of the new bestselling book Political Tribes: Group Instinct and the Fate of Nations. Prof. Chua is a renown Yale Law School professor and received international notoriety as the “Tiger Mom” after she wrote her controversial book, Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother. In our interview, she explains the origins of liberal identity politics, political tribes, and offers solutions on how to revive a sense of shared American identity.

Her book has received numerous high-profile endorsements from everyone including Tom Brokaw, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, and one of her former students and one of our favorite authors here at CBC – J.D. Vance, of Hillbilly Elligy, who says that:

“There’s trouble on the horizon: identity politics on both the Left and Right threaten to unravel that consensus. Chua’s book is a clarion call, encouraging us to reject the primal pull of identitarianism and return to that most radical of ideas – that Americans share something bigger than race or ethnicity or ideology: common citizenship and purpose.”

When she’s not writing national bestsellers, she is the John M. Duff, Jr. Professor at Yale Law School, and is a noted expert in the fields of ethnic conflict and globalization.  She currently lives in CT with her husband and fellow Yale Law School professor, Jeb Rubenfeld, and they have two thriving daughters.

Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast below.

Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Stitcher
RSS Feed

Tags: , , ,

You need to or register to comment.
X

Experience the Bible like never before!

Join CBC and get a free chapter of Prager's new book, The Rational Bible!

Along with your FREE chapter you will also receive CBC's daily newsletter delivered directly to your email inbox. We Value Your Privacy.

Oh no.

Something went wrong, and we're unable to process your request.

Please try again later.

Do You Want To

checkmark Rate Books?
checkmark Post Comments?
checkmark Build Your Own Bookshelf?

Create Your FREE Account

Forgot Password

Search