With three straight #1 bestsellers and the highest-rated talk show on cable TV, Bill O’Reilly is one of our nation’s most formidable combatants in the culture war – and that’s the subject of his latest book, “Culture Warrior”. In it, this unrelenting fighter for the soul of America marshals all of his celebrated firepower for the defense of traditional values against those who want to transform America into a secular-progressive country. The culture war, O’Reilly explains, differs in many ways from the usual liberal/conservative divide, but it is no less heated — and the stakes are even higher for those who love the values on which our nation is founded.
In “Culture Warrior”, O’Reilly explains exactly the most important fronts in the culture war, laying bare all the disquieting reasons why our nation’s motto “E Pluribus Unum” (“From Many, One”) might as well be changed today to “What About Me?” He details how the culture war has played out recently in such high-profile instances as the success of the movies The Passion of the Christ and Fahrenheit 9/11, and sheds light on how our nation’s cultural tug-of-war has informed the national debate over the abuse epidemic (child and otherwise) and the embattled place of religion in public life – with special emphasis on the war against Christmas.
O’Reilly also analyzes the competing philosophies of the traditionalist and secular-progressive camps, dissecting the forces that are driving the secular-progressive agenda in the media and behind the scenes: the ACLU, George Soros, and others. He even shows how the culture war is playing out these days in the war on terror. Nor does the indomitable O’Reilly shrink from controversial areas of race and education. Whatever controversies are roiling the nation, he fearlessly confronts them – and no one who reads this book will be in the dark about which side he’s on.
Salvos from America’s most pugnacious culture warrior:
- The secular-progressives’ crafty strategy for marginalizing traditionalist forces in the court of public opinion
- Why we must keep faith with the basic tenets of Judeo-Christian philosophy and competitive capitalism upon which our country was founded
- False: the secular-progressive claim that the Founding Fathers were not at all influenced by Judeo-Christian philosophy, and that their intent was to create a nation in which spirituality was a private matter
- The pack mentality that grips U.S. journalism and renders it essentially useless as a vehicle for truth
- The hypocrisy of the secular-progressive claim to favor open debate and free discussion of important issues
- TV political humor: how conservatives are mocked the most frequently and sharply
- Why – contrary to appearances — the culture war is not between conservatives and liberals
- How the ACLU’s free pass from the media has contributed to the drastic deterioration of American culture
- George Lakoff: the shadowy but hugely influential guiding philosopher of the secular-progressive social movement
- The puppet master of the secular-progressive movement, without whom it would fade into insignificance
- Walter Cronkite: how he has exploded out of the closet as a full-tilt Leftist, complete with harsh remarks about conservatives and a proudly “internationalist” point of view
- “Thou Shalt Take From the Rich and Give to the Poor; No Private Property is Sacrosanct”; “Thou Shalt Not Wage Pre-Emptive War in Any Circumstance” – and eight other secular-progressive Commandments
- Why the secular-progressive forces are so intent on diminishing the influence of religion in America
- Proof: Americans of all faiths and political persuasions are angry about the now-routine denigration of Christmas
- Al Franken: A man without scruples, a far-left fanatic whose brand of unbridled hatred is nakedly dishonest, but sound-bite ready and media friendly
- Why the secular progressives honor no rules in the culture war, and routinely lie about their opponents
- Osama’s favorite advocacy group: How the ACLU again and again opposes making life difficult for terrorists, while proposing absolutely nothing to make Americans safer
- The secular-progressives’ view of the war on terror: unrealistic, na?ve, dangerous — and why secular-progressives should be disqualified from post-9/11 decision-making
- How Europe’s entitlement culture has rendered it weak and frightened in the face of the Islamic jihad challenge, while America remains firm
- The secular-progressive assault on America’s children – waged under the guise of looking out for kids
- How, as the secular-progressive forces in America grew in strength, their opposition to all government assistance involving any religious affiliation intensified
- Why black Americans remain largely on the sidelines in the culture war
- The brazen hypocrisy of Michael Moore’s public pose as an ordinary working-class guy not much interested in material things
- Why President Bush and President Clinton both largely avoided the fiercest fronts of the culture war
- Complexities, dangers, and pitfalls of fighting the culture war – and how traditionalists can and must prepare themselves to be effective cultural warriors
- The secular-progressives’ bedrock belief that America is essentially an evil country: how it guides so many of their policy stances
- Why the secular-progressives are clueless about how to deal with the problems America faces in the world today
“Culture Warrior” is Bill O’Reilly at his most eloquent and impassioned. In this book he scores numerous direct hits against the foes of the traditional values that have served this country so well for so long.
Tags: Bill O'Reilly, Culture Warrior