Ep. 38 – David Limbaugh Interview: How Did the Early Christian Church Form?
Our friend David Limbaugh is back in the CBC studios to discuss his new book, Jesus is Risen: Paul and the Early Church, which is the fourth book in his bestselling Christian faith-based series. The book explores the Book of Acts and how the early Christian Church was formed through the steadfast and determined leadership of the disciple Paul. This is a continuation of his remarkable series, which includes “Jesus on Trial,” “The Emmaus Code,” and “The True Jesus.”
- 3:03 David Limbaugh talks about his series of books on Christ and early Christianity, and the significance of Jesus Is Risen as the fourth book in the series. He then explains how St. Paul kept early Christianity pure of pagan influences via his Epistles.
- 9:24 Limbaugh explores how Sts. Paul and Peter, along with the other apostles, went about building the institutional infrastructure of the early Christian church after Jesus Christ — with the help of the Holy Spirit.
- 13:51 Limbaugh explains that the formation of the Christian church under Roman persecution was a largely organic, popular movement, and that there wasn’t an organized “master plan” for the expansion and evangelism of Christianity.
- 17:53 Limbaugh talks about Paul’s famous conversion on the road to Damascus — and how a Gentile persecutor of Christians ended up becoming their greatest champion.
- 25:25 Limbaugh opens up about what’s next in his religious book series — and about what he’d like to cover from the rest of the New Testament.
OUR GUEST AUTHOR – David Limbaugh
- David Limbaugh is a lawyer, nationally syndicated columnist, political commentator, and author of multiple New York Times bestsellers, including Jesus on Trial and The True Jesus. CBC VIP Members can request both books from our CBC VIP E-Book Library!
- Mr. Limbaugh has been practicing law for over 30 years. He graduated cum laude from the University of Missouri and received his law degree from the University of Missouri Law School. He was a member of the Missouri Law Review and also served in the National Guard. He continues to live in Cape Girardeau, Missouri with his wife and children.
- David Limbaugh is also the brother of conservative talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh.
BOOK OVERVIEW – Jesus Is Risen: Paul and the Early Church
- Having covered Jesus Christ’s life, his divinity, and the prophecies that preceded him in the Old Testament, David Limbaugh moves on to Christ’s legacy and St. Paul’s work in preserving and building the early Christian church.
- Using the Book of Acts and six New Testament epistles as his guide, Limbaugh explores the suffering and the triumphs of the apostles, particularly St. Paul. From arrests and violent anti-Christian mobs to shipwrecks and assassination attempts, Limbaugh follows Paul’s lifelong mission to overcome all obstacles in the spreading of the Gospel.
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE…
…check these out!
Make sure you never miss an episode. Subscribe to the Conservative Book Club Podcast below.
Tags: Christianity, David Limbaugh, Jesus is Risen, Rush Limbaugh