Liberals love to play the victim, says Ann Coulter, particularly when they are oppressing others. “[T]he essence of liberals,” writes Coulter in her new bestseller, “Guilty: Liberal Victims and Their Assault on America”, is to “viciously attack everyone else, while wailing that they are the victims.”
But as Coulter shows, this is just another version of the Big Lie. In Guilty, she brilliantly explodes the myth of liberal victimization, and proves that when it comes to bullying, no one outdoes the Left. Citing case after case — ranging from the hilariously absurd to the shockingly vicious — she shows again and again that the ones who claim victim status most loudly and insistently are invariably the oppressors.
Packed with her inimitable barbed wit and fearless truth-telling, Ann Coulter’s Guilty is an urgently needed reality check on a Left gone wild. Ann Coulter’s blazing insights — a sampling:
- The biggest myth of all “is the myth that there is no liberal media, functioning as a protection racket for liberal politicians from JFK to B. Hussein Obama.”
- How we got Obama: “In the Senate race that gave him a national platform, first his Democratic party opponent and then his Republican opponent were dispatched by the media’s digging up dubious claims from sealed divorce records. Obama’s Republican opponent was replaced by Alan Keyes, a man of great integrity with zero aptitude as a political candidate, and — surprise! — Obama won. This was a feat roughly equivalent to my beating Elizabeth Taylor in the hundred-yard-dash, then demanding that everyone call me ‘world’s fastest human.’ “
- Sarah Palin: “The head of the South Carolina Democratic Party, Carol Fowler, said Palin’s “primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.” By contrast, Democrats believe that having had an abortion is the primary qualification for higher office.”
- Bravery: “Liberals are brave. I know that because they’re always telling me how brave they are. Why, five nights a week, MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann courageously books guests who completely agree with him! It doesn’t get much braver than that.”
- The Republican Attack Machine: “Throughout the Thirty-Years’-War Democratic primary campaign, circa 2007-2008, all Democratic arguments were pitched in terms of the nonexistent, but still very frightening, Republican Attack Machine. . .Really, I have no problem with Obama being a Muslim — but wait until Republicans get ahold of it!. . .Republicans could only watch in perplexity, thinking, Wait a minute! We didn’t say anything!
- John Edwards and hypocrisy: “In 2008, he based his entire presidential campaign on his selfless dedication to a cancer-stricken wife. Meanwhile, in order to pass the time between giving $50,000 speeches on poverty, Edwards was cheating on the cancer-stricken wife. No practicing journalist with the establishment media would be able to pinpoint the hypocrisy in that.”
- Assassins: “Every presidential assassin in the history of the nation has been a liberal — or has had no politics at all. None were right-wingers.”
- Protecting a liberal myth: “For revealing the truth about Kennedy long after the fact in his 1997 book The Dark Side of Camelot, Seymour Hersh, a liberal Democrat, was venomously attacked in the media. The national press corps was in a blind rage that anyone would print the truth about the only man born without original sin until Barack Obama.”
- Kennedy and Nixon: “If reporters like the president’s politics, they will use their ‘judgment’ to allow the president to put the entire country at risk with his whoremongering, amphetamine addiction, arrogance, naivete, and on-the-job training as he manages a nuclear arms race with a godless empire. But if the media doesn’t like the president’s politics, they will use their ‘judgment’ to call him a crook, even as he ends the Vietnam War, saves Israel from total destruction in the Yom Kippur War, and throws the Soviet empire back on its haunches.”
- What the polls say: “No matter what the facts, it’s always the same story of the Left’s emerging triumph, the swelling chorus of humanity coalescing in a mighty army to support Mondale, Obama, global warming, gun control, abortion rights, the killing of Terri Schiavo, and campaign finance reform.”
- History: “This is how liberals rewrite history: No matter how many times we correct them, they just keep reprinting provable lies.”
Tags: Ann Coulter, Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America